Applied Physics Systems is always interested in experienced electrical and mechanical engineers with specific experience in oil field applications, sensors (magnetometers and accelerometers) and high temperature, high vibration electro-mechanical systems and high end assemblers with experience in high temperature solder assembly and complex calibration procedures.
Scroll down for more information on current positions.
To apply for a job, click on a job, scroll to the end of the job description and then click on APPLY NOW button.
Job Title: Part time Sales Administrative Assistant: Applied Physics Systems, Sunnyvale, CA.
The Sales Administrative Assistant is responsible for effectively assisting the Customer Service Manager in the management of Applied Physics Systems order processing, databases, and sales operations projects in a timely manner.
Responsibilities and Duties
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
- Provide administrative support to the Sales Team as directed by the Customer Service Manager.
- Enter and expedite customer orders accurately and efficiently into an order entry system (M2M).
- Maintain customer database in M2M.
- Process customer Purchase Orders and Field Office Invoice Requests with accuracy and attention to detail.
- Process Inventory Transfer Requests (ITR) for Field Offices.
- Communicate order and ITR confirmations to Customers and Field Offices.
- Monitor and update sales order due dates according to daily reports and communicate changes accordingly to Customer Service Manager and Field Office personnel.
- Monitor Service email, forward all relevant requests to Customer Service Manager and generate basic quotes as directed.
- Assist the Customer Service Manager with sales operations projects as needed including data mining and organization and preparation of reports, charts etc.
- Follow and maintain Sales departmental procedures.
- Meet and/or exceed daily departmental goals.
- Maintain company performance goals.
- Interact with managers, co-workers in a professional manner.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills
Associates degree in related fields or high school diploma.
- Must be detail-oriented and able to multi-task.
- Good computer skills: Microsoft: Word, Excel and ability to learn new skills and tasks as required.
- Ability to perform at the highest level in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to type at least 40-45 wpm.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have a professional demeanor.
- Experience as Administrative Assistant with data entry responsibilities preferred.
Part time, 20 hours a week, flexible between the hours of 8am and 6pm, Monday-Friday.
Senior Software Engineer
Skills and Applications:
C#, C, C++, .NET, Development, WPF, Visual Studio, Microsoft Expression Suite, Engineer, Engineering, Engineers, Databases, TCP/IP, RS-232, physics, oil drilling, directional drilling, telemetry, Research, Software, Windows, Cocoa Touch, iPhone and Android.
Applied Physics Systems in Sunnyvale, California is searching for a talented, strong and independent Software Engineer to join our Windows Development team. The successful candidate must have a solid understanding of C# application development for the Windows platform using WPF. They must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills and be able to interact effectively and professionally with our development staff and with our customers throughout the world. Candidates must be comfortable with their ability to design applications from the ground up to meet customer requirements both internal and external. Candidate must be confident participating in all phases of development: requirements gathering, UI design, class design and implementation, backend development, database communications, QA, debugging, and feature improvements.
- Participate in the design, implementation, and ongoing improvement of C# applications for the Windows Desktop environment
- Participate in the integration and implementation of highly technical scientific formulae and methods into C# applications.
- Become proficient in understanding our business needs and market goals
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related technical discipline
- 5+ years’ experience with development with C# and WPF for Windows Platforms
- Experience developing with graphing packages for large datasets
- Must have a thorough understanding of software development processes including requirements gathering, analysis and design, development tools and technologies, release and version control, contemporary testing methodologies, and deployment management.
- Prefer experience coding and/or debugging one or more of the following: C, C++, LabView, Visual Basic
- Prefer experience designing and developing C# interaction with databases
- Prefer experience designing and developing C# interaction with hardware devices including serial communication
- Proven ability to quickly learn and implement unfamiliar technologies
- Must be self-motivated and able to work independently
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and a proven ability to work effectively with co-workers and interact with customers
BS/MS in Computer Science or related field with a minimum of 5 years relevant experience
Commensurate with experience + benefits
Standard benefits include PTO, Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance, 401(k) match, etc.
Please respond to ad with resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
About Applied Physics Systems
For over 40 years, Applied Physics Systems, Inc. has been a worldwide leader in the design and manufacture of high performance magnetometers, directional sensors, and electronic systems used in oil and gas exploration as well as scientific applications.
Our mission is to provide our customers with innovative solutions and comprehensive support to solve difficult problems in the most challenging environments and applications. In addition to our standard product offering of sensors and drilling systems, Applied Physics has expertise in electrical, mechanical, and computer software systems. We have the capacity to design and build custom instruments for integration into your OEM products.
Electrical Design Engineer
Applied Physics Systems, located in Sunnyvale, is a worldwide leader in the design and manufacture of high-performance magnetometers, directional sensors, and electronic systems used in oil and gas exploration and scientific applications.
We are seeking an Electrical Design Engineer to join our team!
- Design and build control boards and electrical systems for new product systems
- Create detail schematics and documentation for boards and systems and support those parts through fabrication.
- Assemble, debug and test electrical systems and boards
- Take responsibility for assigned projects from inception to completion
- Generate and conduct formal verification and validation plans of completed designs.
- Actively participates in the transfer of products from R&D into manufacturing
- Continued improvement of product design and design process
- Some travel will be required
- Bachelors in electrical engineering or equivalent
- 5+ years’ experience
- Experience in a broad range of analog circuits; for example, signal conditioning, communications, power conversion
- Solid understanding of circuit design fundamentals
- Ability to design, assemble, test and debug circuit boards and electrical systems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with schematic capture, PCB layout and circuit simulation tools
- Strong work ethic and team player attributes
- PCB layout experience for low noise and grounding for EMI reduction
Applied Physics Systems is hiring an Electronic Test Technician
Applied Physics Systems is an electronics manufacturer in the Oil & Gas Drilling & Exploration and Scientific & Technical Instruments industries. For more information, please refer to our website at www.appliedphysics.com.
Conduct, maintain, test and repair electrical/electronic, mechanical, and components. Applies knowledge of electrical/electronic and mechanical principles in determining equipment malfunctions and applies skills in restoring equipment to operation. Provides skilled electrical/electronic and mechanical to support Service/Repair Department.
- Troubleshoots and repairs electrical/electronic equipment including but not limited to directional instrument sensors, gamma sensors, programmable modules, power supplies, magnetometers, current meters, and similar test equipment.
- Installs, starts up and shuts down equipment in accordance with company safety procedures for machine activation and shutdown, also in line with OSHA requirements.
- Maintains performance and repair records for further analysis.
- Performs other similar duties as required.
- 2 years of proven experience in the electrical/electronics, mechanical fields are required and the ability to demonstrate high proficiency in these areas.
- Experience and ability to work in a fast-paced repair/service environment.
- A thorough knowledge of electrical/electronic components and equipment including the use of special instruments for diagnostic purposes (oscilloscopes, signal generators, RMS multi-meters, etc.).
- Must be able to work well with all levels of personnel whether individually or in a team environment, and especially must be able to interface and communicate with service coordinator in order to assist with repairs and troubleshooting.
- Willing to work overtime as required.
- Computer experience/operation is necessary.
- Ability to lift/turn up to 30 pounds continuously up to 80% working time.
Associate of Science two year technical degree in Electrical Engineering or in similar field of technology or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
Applied Physics Systems is an EEO employer.
Assemble and package product and operate assemble equipment. The candidate must be customer service oriented by taking proactive approaches to the job. Will perform a variety of duties that may include:
- Demonstrates capability of setting–up complex equipment within targeted time.
- Perform complex trouble shooting on equipment, products and processes
- Demonstrates comprehensive knowledge of the functionality of equipment, products, and process
- Responsible for component part preparation
- Responsible for component stuffing
- Use of soldering iron with microscope
- Prepares boards for solder
- Responsible for electro-mechanical assembly
- Must be able to use calipers and be mechanically inclined
- Makes decisions that support the business without waiting for guidance when appropriate.
- Dismantles, adjusts, repairs and assemblies equipment according to layout plans, blueprints, operating or repair manuals, and/or rough sketches or drawings. Uses test and diagnostic equipment to perform checkouts. May perform equipment modifications as directed by test/manufacturing engineers.
- Work with components including regulator, air and vacuum gauges and electrical switches. Assemble multiple sub-assemblies, including, chamber, robort, track , controller….install wiring, tested point to point, trouble shoot and using ohmmeter DVM.
Hand/eye coordination needed and ability to see/read serial numbers and codes on small electronic components.
Able to read and follow work orders and assembly aids
Able to lift 50 pounds
- Takes responsibility for quality and fulfilling orders on time
- Shows sense of urgency and prioritizes properly to meet the needs of the customer
- Shows initiate and looks for ways to improve process
- Willing to work in other departments or sites when there is a need
- Displays a positive attitude when changes are made
Equipment/Machinery/Tools required to operate:
Screwdriver, pliers, wrenches, scissors, tweezers, xacto knife, lead cleaner, p.c. board drill press.
Education/Experience: High School degree or equivalent experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
Basic math and geometry.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Able to navigate through window based PC. Data entry. Microsoft Excel a plus. The company uses a computer based work order and inspection tracking system.
Certificates and Licenses:
IPC-A-610 Certified-a plus.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and sit.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.
Applied Physics Systems is an EEO employer.
Job Description | Engineering Manager
To plan, develop and design activities in commercial downhole tools used for testing in the oil and gas exploration field, manage customers, technology partners and projects. Knowledge of designing in operating MWD drilling equipment, and mud pulse telemetry required.
Travel may be required to work on projects at various, unanticipated sites throughout the United States.
Your required education is a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Science, Management with five years’ experience in oil and gas industry.
Sunnyvale, CA. 94089