Applied Physics Systems is always interested in experienced electrical and mechanical engineers with specific experience in oil field applications, sensors (magnetometers and accelerometers) and high temperature, high vibration electro-mechanical systems and high end assemblers with experience in high temperature solder assembly and complex calibration procedures.
Scroll down for more information on current positions.
To apply for a job, click on a job, scroll to the end of the job description and then click on APPLY NOW button.
Senior Software Engineer
Skills and Applications:
C#, C, C++, .NET, Development, WPF, Visual Studio, Microsoft Expression Suite, Engineer, Engineering, Engineers, Databases, TCP/IP, RS-232, physics, oil drilling, directional drilling, telemetry, Research, Software, Windows, Cocoa Touch, iPhone and Android.
Applied Physics Systems in Sunnyvale, California is searching for a talented, strong and independent Software Engineer to join our Windows Development team. The successful candidate must have a solid understanding of C# application development for the Windows platform using WPF. They must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills and be able to interact effectively and professionally with our development staff and with our customers throughout the world. Candidates must be comfortable with their ability to design applications from the ground up to meet customer requirements both internal and external. Candidate must be confident participating in all phases of development: requirements gathering, UI design, class design and implementation, backend development, database communications, QA, debugging, and feature improvements.
- Participate in the design, implementation, and ongoing improvement of C# applications for the Windows Desktop environment
- Participate in the integration and implementation of highly technical scientific formulae and methods into C# applications.
- Become proficient in understanding our business needs and market goals
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related technical discipline
- 5+ years’ experience with development with C# and WPF for Windows Platforms
- Experience developing with graphing packages for large datasets
- Must have a thorough understanding of software development processes including requirements gathering, analysis and design, development tools and technologies, release and version control, contemporary testing methodologies, and deployment management.
- Prefer experience coding and/or debugging one or more of the following: C, C++, LabView, Visual Basic
- Prefer experience designing and developing C# interaction with databases
- Prefer experience designing and developing C# interaction with hardware devices including serial communication
- Proven ability to quickly learn and implement unfamiliar technologies
- Must be self-motivated and able to work independently
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and a proven ability to work effectively with co-workers and interact with customers
BS/MS in Computer Science or related field with a minimum of 5 years relevant experience
Commensurate with experience + benefits
Standard benefits include PTO, Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance, 401(k) match, etc.
Please respond to ad with resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
About Applied Physics Systems
For over 40 years, Applied Physics Systems, Inc. has been a worldwide leader in the design and manufacture of high performance magnetometers, directional sensors, and electronic systems used in oil and gas exploration as well as scientific applications.
Our mission is to provide our customers with innovative solutions and comprehensive support to solve difficult problems in the most challenging environments and applications. In addition to our standard product offering of sensors and drilling systems, Applied Physics has expertise in electrical, mechanical, and computer software systems. We have the capacity to design and build custom instruments for integration into your OEM products.
Summary: Assemble and package product and operate assemble equipment. The candidate must be customer service oriented by taking proactive approaches to the job. Will perform a variety of duties that may include:
Demonstrates capability of setting–up complex equipment within targeted time.
- Perform complex trouble shooting on equipment, products and processes
- Demonstrates comprehensive knowledge of the functionality of equipment, products, and process
- Responsible for component part preparation
- Responsible for component stuffing
- Use of soldering iron with microscope
- Experience with IPC J-STD-001
- Prepares boards for solder
- Responsible for electro-mechanical assembly
- Must be able to use calipers and be mechanically inclined
- Makes decisions that support the business without waiting for guidance when appropriate.
- Dismantles, adjusts, repairs and assemblies equipment according to layout plans, blueprints, operating or repair manuals, and/or rough sketches or drawings. Uses test and diagnostic equipment to perform checkouts. May perform equipment modifications as directed by test/manufacturing engineers.
- Work with components including regulator, air and vacuum gauges and electrical switches. Assemble multiple sub-assemblies, including, chamber, robort, track, controller….install wiring, tested point to point, trouble shoot and using ohmmeter DVM.
- Hand/eye coordination needed and ability to see/read serial numbers and codes on small electronic components.
- Able to read and follow work orders and assembly aids
- Able to lift 50 pounds
Takes responsibility for quality and fulfilling orders on time
- Shows sense of urgency and prioritizes properly to meet the needs of the customer
- Shows initiate and looks for ways to improve process
- Willing to work in other departments or sites when there is a need
- Displays a positive attitude when changes are made
Equipment/Machinery/Tools required to operate:
Screwdriver, pliers, wrenches, scissors, tweezers, Exacto knife, lead cleaner, p.c. board drill press.
Education/Experience: High School degree or equivalent experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
Math Ability: Basic math and geometry.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Able to navigate through window based PC. Data entry. Microsoft Excel a plus. The company uses a computer based work order and inspection tracking system.
Certificates and Licenses:
IPC-A-610 Certified-a plus.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and sit.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.
Job Description | Engineering Manager
To plan, develop and design activities in commercial downhole tools used for testing in the oil and gas exploration field, manage customers, technology partners and projects. Knowledge of designing in operating MWD drilling equipment, and mud pulse telemetry required.
Travel may be required to work on projects at various, unanticipated sites throughout the United States.
Your required education is a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Science, Management with five years’ experience in oil and gas industry.
Mountain View, CA. 94043