Applied Physics Systems is always interested in experienced electrical and mechanical engineers with specific experience in oil field applications, sensors (magnetometers and accelerometers) and high temperature, high vibration electro-mechanical systems and high end assemblers with experience in high temperature solder assembly and complex calibration procedures.
If you don’t see an opportunity that fits your skills at this time, follow our page on LinkedIn to be notified of any new postings.
Tests, troubleshoots, and repairs electronics and components. Applies knowledge of electronics principles in determining equipment malfunctions and applies skills in restoring equipment to operation. Provides skilled electrical/electronic and mechanical to support Service/Repair Department.
- Troubleshoots and repairs electronic equipment including but not limited to directional instrument sensors, gamma sensors, programmable modules, power supplies, magnetometers, current meters, and similar equipment.
- Installs, starts up and shuts down equipment in accordance with company safety procedures for machine activation and shutdown, also in line with OSHA requirements.
- Maintains performance and repair records for further analysis.
- Performs other similar duties as required.
- 2 years of proven experience in electronics and mechanical assemblies are required and the ability to demonstrate high proficiency in these areas.
- Experience and ability to work in a fast-paced repair/service environment.
- A thorough knowledge of electrical/ electronic components and equipment including the use of special instruments for diagnostic purposes (oscilloscopes, signal generators, RMS multi-meters, etc.).
- Must be able to work well with all levels of personnel whether individually or in a team environment, and especially must be able to interface and communicate with service coordinator in order to assist with repairs and troubleshooting.
- Basic knowledge of trigonometry math is necessary
- Willing to work overtime as required.
- Computer experience/operation is necessary.
- Ability to lift/turn up to 30 lbs continuously up to 80% working time.
Associate of Science two-year technical degree in Electrical Engineering or in similar field of technology or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
Send resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applied Physics Systems is an EEO employer.
Mountain View, CA. 94043